Share your online and blended learning expertise with California educators and policy makers at the third annual eLearning Strategies Symposium on December 5th and 6th, 2014. Having exceeded our expectations last year, we’re looking for a variety of sessions, geared towards educators and administrators, about online and blended learning.
The symposium will be held in the San Mateo Marriott on December 12th and 13th, 2014. Three-hour workshops will be offered on Thursday, December 11th and Saturday, December 13th. We invite you to share your eLearning expertise with K12 educators, administrators, policy makers, and industry representatives.
Two session proposal windows are offered. During this Early Bird window, which closes Friday, May 16th, we’ll be filling two-thirds of the concurrent sessions. A shorter, Just in Time, proposal window opens mid-August for the final third. Speaker acceptances for the first round will be mailed out the week of May 27th. All speakers will receive a complementary registration to the symposium. Industry-sponsored sessions must include a Corporate Partnership Application.
Symposium presentations should focus on one of eSS’ five strands:
- Big Picture, which includes administration, management, evaluation, research, policy or advocacy;
- Content (curriculum and online course development, best practices, accessibility, or instructional design);
- Capacity Building (professional development);
- Gear (tools, technologies, learning management systems, or application development); or
- Pedagogy (engaging students, teaching and learning pedagogies, blended learning models, learning communities, or assessment).
Symposium presentations are one-hour in duration with one session each hour being live-streamed and recorded for future distribution. Speakers may opt-out of live-streaming.